Monday, March 26, 2012

It's A Blooming Great Day


Our early Spring has brought a bouquet of blossoms to the property. I thought you might enjoy something on the lighter side! Click to enlarge photo.

Phlox gone wild!

Virginia bluebells.

What Dutchman lost his breeches?

Spreading across the hillside.

Our shy Violets!

Redbud blooms abound this year!

Oh, my bleeding heart! One of our first perennials that pop up next to the house.

A rocky incline is host to a variety of sedum.

Ohhhh, spooky!

Awww, that's better!

There are so many more- toothwart, trillium, anemones, mayapples . . . for another day.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Lisa said...

Lovely...don't you just love spring!

Lisa

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Spring and Fall- my two favorites!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Hi Steve,

I saw you commented. I'll look your blog up tomorrow- we just returned from being observers for the new CERT class practical exercises with search & rescue plus triage-- since we graduated last session. Very interesting. Thanks for your comment.

LindaG said...

Love all your pictures!
That's the sort of bug I prefer, too. ;o)

Farmgirl Heidi said...

Oh Kathy, those are all such beautiful images. I especially love the bleeding hearts and the redbud blossoms. Thank you for sharing them all.

Candy C. said...

Beautiful spring flowers! :)

Greg and Donna said...

beautiful flowers!