Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Quilting the Blues


  Quilting the Blues, 
Jeans I mean.
 I have a huge pile of old work jeans, completely
trashed in the front (caulk, stains, etc) from construction
sites but much of the legs plus most of the back
  remain in perfectly good shape. 
   
Now I've begun to cut apart the various sections
 pockets,  legs, backs,  buttons and rivets, 
zippers and straps from overalls.
I'll do a few pair every night.

I've left the largest pieces I could since I don't know 
what sizes I will need.  I'd like to  put them together
for quilts or other EASY projects.

If you have some good ideas, please share.

Linking to the Country Homemaker Hop


10 comments:

Lisa said...

I am currently making a rag quilt using denim scraps. Will be posting about it soon. These work great rag quilts because they ravel nicely.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I had you in mind too! I'll look forward to your post.

Michelle said...

My sister-in-law made a quilt using blue fabric and the jean pockets. It turned out beautiful. I saving pockets to make myself one. I have made aprons using the butt of the jeans. They make a cute apron with pockets.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Linking to Down Home Blog Hop at Tillys Nest http://www.tillysnest.com/2013/02/down-home-blog-hopnumber-26.html

Joan@TheChickenMama said...

I made a basic four patch, alternating dark and light jeans. I sashed it with a batik-style flannel, and backed it with flannel. Made one for each of the kids - they love it!

Candy C. said...

I have made two baby size denim rag quilts. The first, I backed with red flannel, BIG mistake as all the little strings "stuck" to the flannel after washing. The second one, I backed with a red bandana-print cotton fabric, much better! LOL!!
Can't wait to see what you end up with! :)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I like the bandanna print idea, really down home!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Did you use batting or was the flannel and jean material enough?

MandaBurms FarmStay for Cats. said...

A jean quilt would be awesome. http://miaslandliv.blogspot.co.nz/2009/11/recycling.html I love this chair cover. Love Leanne

Unknown said...

For a smaller project, how about a potholder. They can be made with all sorts of scrap fabrics. http://mumtopia.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/a-guesswork-patchwork-pot-holder.html