Friday, June 28, 2013

Rub A Dub Dub, Chives in a Tub


Are we washing our chives?
No, while cleanliness is next to godliness, 
we don't pre-wash our garden herbs-
while they are growing.

 My husband salvaged this old washer from a job site,
it used to have a sticker that said Dreadnought
and an image of the ship; however, over the years
it has worn off.  I still love the color and
the beautiful design on the legs.

It has been trapped by the flower garden wall
behind our camper until this weekend when my
husband moved it with our neighbor's tractor
so now we have it on the courtyard where it belongs.
 I'll have to do a bit of thinning and make sure
it gets plenty of water, it has been shaded for awhile.
 Then to find the perfect place, it will be nice to
have it back out in the open.



8 comments:

Powell River Books said...

I love it. I remember my grandmother had a similar looking washing machine out in the garage. It had wringers on the top. She pulled the wet clothes out of the water and ran them through the wringer before putting them in a basket to carry to the line. The water went outside to water the garden around the garage. A great memory of a simpler time. - Margy

Unknown said...

Love it! I love to find salvaged items to use in the flower beds. Thanks for sharing!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

oh wow! I love this wash tub with chives... perfect for the patio.
The legs are perfect as well as the color!
I bet it makes you smile, even.

Pat

LindaG said...

Looks like an old wringer washer tub?
What a great planter!
Have a blessed weekend. ♥

Manny said...

Looks great, even just as a potted plant.

Anne said...

Was renting a flat up in Darwin way back when I was in my early to mid twenties. They had one of these and I just HATED it as everytime I tried to wind my sheets through they would start winding around the top part and hitting the lever to stop it wouldn't work so by the time I did get it to stop I had one big mess and would take me ages to unwind it as it was wound around so tight

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I've not eaten any blossoms yet but I hear they are wonderful. Won't I lose the squash though?

Unknown said...

It looks lovely! I love it when you can give new life to something otherwise ready for the dump.