Saturday, December 14, 2013

What a Difference- 24 hours



Yesterday, dawn was gorgeous!
 The morning glow was a rainbow of yellows,
oranges, blues, pink and purples.

Here is the view this morning?
We still have Blue but also grey and a lot of white!


Yesterday 


A view from the second floor front porch.
The cats are not happy.
Neither are the birds.


This is the driveway up to the subdivision road.
The guys were out plowing this morning and
plan on rebuilding the salt spreader this afternoon
so it actually works.

I had planned to go to the fabric sale at the quilt shop
which is about 20-30 miles from the house 
but I think I'll just stick around here.
I've got lots to keep me busy.

 The snow ranged up to 9 inches in parts of 
Franklin county (our county) but we were not nearly
that deep.  There were lots of highway
accidents, many in town (St. Louis City/County) 
where I would have thought street crews would have had 
it cleared earlier but since it started with rain,
they may have had to wait until it stopped
and the snow began.

I do have some scraps to throw out to 
the woodland critters since everything is covered.
I'll wait until later, once the raccoon and opossum come out.
The cats are warm and dry between the porch shelters
and the area beneath our porch that they have dug out.
The covered porch is 9 ft deep so they bed down way  
back where no water or snow ever gets.
There's always the tractor tent too, 
easy enough to crawl beneath the tent flaps.

Well, I've frustrated myself enough with
some quilting issues so now it's time to take
a break and have some lunch.

Stay safe and warm!


15 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh my what a difference a day can make -
BBRRR looks mighty cold over there.
I'll pop back tomorrow maybe you might get me a raccoon picture - just maybe
Love Leanne

Sunnybrook Farm said...

In Franklin county VA it is just raining now with some sleet earlier this morning. Not a day to work outside for sure.

Harry Flashman said...

Wow! It looks like something out of a science fiction movie there. Good thing you are all safe and snug inside. Beautiful pictures, though.

Lisa said...

Oh I would love some snow at Christmas! We have gone from 78 to 48 back to 70 this week. Roller coaster temps are hard on the sinus's. Your place looks so lovely! Enjoy those sewing projects!

Lisa

LindaG said...

My mom said they were getting a lot of snow, too.
Stay warm!

Kristi said...

That's a lot of snow to get in one day! Cold, yet beautiful.

Manny said...

Looks beautiful. We had a couple of inches during the day and now it's turning to rain. It's supposed to go up to 42 degrees tomorrow, so it should all melt. Looks kind of hazardous out there right now.

Michelle said...

We got snow here,but nothing like you guys. They closed down the whole town. It really surprised me that all the stores would close, but this is California. They don 't know what to do with a lot of snow.

JaneofVirginia said...

Lovely post. Thank you !

Two Greyhound Town said...

I thought I would pop in and see what you were up to (this is your old neighbor, Patty). The snow looks pretty. It looks like it could be a rough winter with the bad weather coming so early in the season. :-(

We drove by your place on Thanksgiving. We were home for just a few days. I am in Houston for now.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Hi Patty, you should have stopped in! We had enough turkey to feed an army. Things are going good but the snow has come a little earlier this year. The guys just built a new salt spreader so we'll get to see how it works this weekend from what I am hearing.

Two Greyhound Town said...

More bad weather coming your way? That is terrible! We visited Robertsville State Park with the dogs and spent the rest of the day with family. We were surprised to see a couple of lots for sale in the subdivision.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Patty- the couple that bought lot 5 (where the house burned) also bought elsewhere and decided to live there so it's up for sale. I think that's the only one but there are signs on the main road and up near the entrance. It has a well and septic plus outbuilding but just the land is around $100k so not sure if it will be the first sold. It may have 8 acres rather than 5 but not sure. I do think the missionaries might think of selling since they have never built but no sign yet. I don't know if they plan to return here or not. If you are here again, stop by. Oh, I think they are planning to improve Robertsville State park, or at least that was mentioned awhile ago. They could really increase the camping area, it's always full.

Two Greyhound Town said...

Lot 9 is for sale, too. :-)

It was a little sad seeing our house again. We loved that place, but we know we couldn't have left it in better hands. :-)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

You know what, lot 9 is for sale but it's been for sale so long that I think we all forgot!