Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I KNOW They Were Filming This



I had to pick up just a couple of items at the grocery
and made the bad decision to use the self checkout,
something I rarely do.

The first scan went just fine. 
Swipe.
Please place the item into the bag.

Next item - key in the code  (no UPC)
Please place the item into the bag

 Last item- key in the code.
Please place the item into the bag.
 Item placed into bag.
Please remove the item from the bag.
Item removed.
Please place the item into the bag 
Item placed into bag.
Please remove the item from the bag.
Item removed.

OK, What's going on??
I KNOW there's a back room full of employees slapping their knees
and crying tears of laughter.

 Look, Frankie- She did it again.
Make her do it again!

Please place the item into the bag.
 Item placed into bag.
Please remove the item from the bag.
Item removed.
Please place the item into the bag 

   I have HAD IT by now.
The attendant station is next to me.  I ask her-
What's happening?

Oh, she says, you set your phone on the counter and it
confuses the system so I kept resetting it.

I don't have a phone.
(Oops, my granddaugher has hers.  I don't think it makes
calls but she plays with it).  I didn't see her set it down and
pick it back up.  Even it I did-  why didn't the attendant TELL ME?

So now it's time to pay.
I select MAKE PAYMENT.
 I set my purse on the ledge of the scanner and 
pull out my wallet.
Please place the item into the bag.

WHAT THE HECK!!!
 The attendant tells me I can't set my purse down. 
  I said, this is in Payment Mode, I'm not weighing my payment.
That doesn't matter, it still weighs whatever is on the counter.
I tell her something- not the something I was thinking-- but close.

Maybe you can just KEEP your groceries!
I can't balance this without resting my purse.
(no cart, remember just three items, )
 Oh, I can set it to the RIGHT, just not the LEFT.
Where are the signs that tell me this?

You know what?  I made a big mistake.
They had been sampling Vodka (really!) in the liquor/produce area.
I passed.  
I should have gone back.
Three or four times.


Photo credit

8 comments:

Sunnybrook Farm said...

I never go through those check outs, I might if I got a discount but I figure that I am paying for someone to check me out and say happy things to me like "Do you want your milk in a bag?" Of course I have to reply "No leave it in the jug". Some of them get the joke others well it is a tough crowd sometimes.

Unknown said...

Hahaha....so sorry to laugh but it's about time other people have days like my every day...lol! Great post!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Bwahahahaha!
yes, next time sample the Vodka FIRST!
Oh my goodness...this is cracked me up.
I thought this stuff only happened to me. So glad I'm not alone. :)

Gorges Smythe said...

Gee, ANOTHER reason not to use the anti-employee lines!

Harry Flashman said...

I never use those things. I tried, once upon a time, but I always wound up having to have the attendant come help me, so I just quit.

Kristi said...

Oh, how frustrating! I hope you don't mind that I got a chuckle out of this post, though. :-)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Yes, yes, yes. Vodka first next time. They also had champagne and some other alcohol to sample. It must have been a wild time in the produce section yesterday.

Anti employee machines-you are right. I complained a lot when they were first bringing them in. I didn't see service go up or prices down by using these. I hate them.

My mom swiped a bottle of wine once and it asked her to show the attendant her ID. (She's 80) She just kept swiping and it finally gave up and let her pay for it. Now maybe the attendant saw her and figured she was over 21, but maybe not. So much for enforcing liquor laws!

Yahoobuckaroo's Blog said...

Oooh, that's funny! I can't go through the self-checkout at Wal-Mart without messing up. I hate these things! I REALLY hate shopping at Home Depot because the only registers they have open are the self checkout ones. It's infuriating.

Oh, and I like the pic. There's something about a gal in a skirt and cowboy boots. Batter Up!